Imagine the sound of azure waves crashing on a peaceful beach. The thumping of the bass in a world-famous nightclub. The hustle and bustle of a boulevard marketplace. Do you hear it? That’s the Spanish coast, and it’s calling your name.
Planning a trip with a group? Rally a crew of friends and you could travel for free. Find out more
Soaking in the architectural artwork of La Sagrada Familia
Lounging in the Ibiza sun on a luxury catamaran cruise
Stopping to smell the roses at Parc Guell
Searching for souvenirs in Old Town Valencia
Unleashing your inner foodie over tapas and sangria
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
8 nights in handpicked accommodations
Expert Tour Director
2 insider tours with a local guide
Entrance to Parque Guell
- Day 1: Overnight flight to Spain
Board your overnight flight to Spain, home of all-night fiestas, incredible food, and naps after lunch. Get some shut-eye because your life is about to get loco.
- Day 2: Arrive in Barcelona + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Barcelona, a city of endless parties, wacky architecture, and premium beaches—which also happen to be where the clubs are. So throw on your walking shoes, your party pants, and any shirt you’d like. Barcelona is the fiesta that keeps on fiesta…ing.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive.
- Day 3: Tour Barcelona + Optional Sagrada Familía Tour & Sangria
Experience Barcelona’s unique architecture and atmosphere with a local guide as you wander the city’s enchanting streets. This historic city is home to nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites, seven of which were built by Gaudí (he’s kind of a big deal around here). Take in the impressive sites, and understand why Barcelona is the only city to receive a Royal Gold Medal for architecture—the buildings are basically art.
- Explore the Gothic Quarter with your guide. Don't forget your black eyeliner.
- Visit one of Antoni Gaudí's greatest work of modernist art, Parque Güell. This colorful park is adorned with tilework, dreamlike structures and not a straight line in sight.
- See the 1992 Olympic Park which lines the Mediterranean Sea.
- Take the evening to revisit any of the sights, hit the beach, or explore on your own.
Sagrada Familia & Sangria (extra cost)
Antoni Gaudí’s Sagrada Família Basilica is the world’s most unbelievable church—under construction since 1882, finished by 2026 at the earliest. Tour it with a local guide, then enjoy included Sangria and pintxos, which are small finger snacks popular in Spain.
This excursion is pre-book only; if your trip is less than 30 days away, please call 800-766-2645 to purchase.
- Day 4: Enjoy a Free Day in Barcelona + Optional Barcelona Beach Day
The day is yours to experience Barcelona as you please. Whether that means exploring a new neighborhood, lounging on a beach, or kicking back with some tapas and a pitcher of sangria, you really can’t go wrong. Feeling adventurous? Join the Stand-up Paddleboard & Beach day excursion in Sitges.
- Use your free day to explore more of the city with your fellow travelers.
- Enjoy a free day to kick back, relax with a pitcher of sangria, and enjoy the beautiful weather.
- Get your paddle on during an optional paddleboarding lesson.
Free time suggestions
Market Down: Visit La Boqueria, the famous market just off of Las Ramblas, with everything from fresh fruits to meats, flowers and sweets.
Playa Long: Barcelona’s coast is lined with beaches, each with its own personality. Try party-centric Barceloneta, tranquil Caldetes or water sports at Mar Bella.
Barcelona Beach Day & Paddleboard Lesson (extra cost)
When in Barcelona, go the beach. Head to Barceloneta, one of the city’s most popular sandy spots to have some fun in the sun learning to paddleboard with a professional instructor and chilling on the beach. *Ability to swim is a pre-requisite for this optional*
While this optional runs year-round, prime beach season in Barcelona is May to September. If you’re traveling outside of this period, weather conditions may vary.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 5: Travel to Ibiza
Wave goodbye to Barcelona, stuff some tapas in your pockets for safe-keeping, and pop on your sunglasses. You’re headed to Ibiza! Where the sun is almost always shining, and the party literally never stops.
- Board your morning plane from Barcelona to Ibiza. It’s a quick flight, barely even one whole podcast long.
- Arrive at your accommodation, and get ready for non-stop dancing, gorgeous beaches, and nightlife that is unrivaled.
- Get the lay of the land on a walking tour of the island—it’s kind of unfair that Ibiza got all of the beauty and all of the fun of the Balearic Island family.
- Keep an eye out for mermaids—legend has it that Ibiza is home to the mythological sirens that tried to lure Odysseus from his ship in Homer’s Odyssey.
- Day 6: Free Day in Ibiza + Optional Catamaran Cruise
Enjoy a free day in Ibiza to explore the beaches, the old town, or choose to keep the party going on a luxury catamaran in Ibiza’s crystal-clear waters.
Ibiza Coast Catamaran Cruise (extra cost)
You didn’t really think you’d go all the way to Ibiza and not rent a boat for the day, did you? Hop aboard to soak up the sun and set the onboard dance floor on fire.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 7: Free Day in Ibiza
Good morning, Ibiza! The settlers of this piece of paradise dedicated the island to the god of music and dance, so it’s only fitting that the island is now a hotspot for all DJ-, club-, and dance party-related things. Apart from being all about that bass, Ibiza is overflowing with vibrant nature. The island has 57 different beaches, and was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for it’s top-of-the-line shores and sea life.
- Wake up again in beautiful Ibiza, and take a few minutes to convince yourself this isn’t a dream.
- Consider investing in some of those gel shoe inserts in order to be the Most Chill person on the dance floor tonight.
- Take the afternoon to explore on your own, or head to the beach with your group.
- Brace yourself—you’re about to have another loco day in Ibiza, in all the best ways.
Free time suggestions
Uptown Traveler: Walk up to Dalt Vila, a grand fortress that sits above the town, filled with winding cobblestone streets and quaint charm that’ll have you stepping back into history.
Sundowners: When the sun goes down in Ibiza, Café del Mar and Mambo are the places to be. With a drink in hand and the sunset in front of you, it really doesn’t get better than this.
- Day 8: Travel to Valencia
Your time in Ibiza has come to an end. But never fear, because you’re on your way to the coastal city of Valencia, the third largest city in Spain, home to thousands of years of history, and a zoo where they let you walk around in the freakin’ animal habitats. Take a moment upon arrival to walk down to the beach and stare longingly in the direction of Ibiza. We’ll wait. All set? Okay! It’s Valencia time.
- Enjoy a scenic ferry ride from Ibiza back to the coast of Spain.
- Take a guided jaunt around town and snap some selfies in front of a few of Valencia’s most famous monuments, including Valencia Cathedral and Llotja de la Seda (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Sniff out some paella—the iconic dish of rice, spice, and everything nice was invented in Valencia.
- Forget everything you learned in Spanish class—er, actually, maybe just expect to hear both Spanish and Valencian.
- Day 9: Beach Day in Valencia + Farewell Dinner
Think of a year. Now think of an older year. Now think of 138 BC. That’s when Valencia was founded by the Roman Empire. Today’s your last day to hang out in this old, old outpost and you better believe you’re going to spend it on the beach. Relax, tan, splash, and reminisce about the week you just had. Then, dig in to a farewell dinner with your fellow travelers.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
- Prepare yourself for a lifetime of saying things like “yeah these tapas are good, but it’s not the same as they were in Spain.”
- Head to some of Valencia’s most picturesque beaches, like La Malvarrosa, a local favorite that we would 10/10 recommend checking out.
- Get some tan lines for your tan lines—just to make sure all your friends know you went on vacation.
- Take advantage of one final night of the ridiculously fuego nightlife Valencia’s Barrio del Carmen neighborhood has to offer.
- Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
– OR –
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 34 authentic traveler reviews
Barcelona Ibiza ValenciaArelis, traveled Sep.. 2019
My trip to Barcelona was AMAZING, my tour guid was sweet and always gave us good spots to go to locally in each city. I made so many friends on that trip, so much s we all booked to go to Greece through EF next year, highly recommend!
First Trip=Awesomeness!!Tanika, traveled Jun.. 2019
Everything was planned so easily from the beginning. EF is the best tour program I could have went to Spain with. The sights and sounds of Barcelona, Ibiza, and Valencia was more than beautiful; it was exhilaration at its best! If you have a chance to experience the world, you should take it through EF. I made the bestest of friends that I never thought I wo... See more
Just book it!!!Anonymous, traveled Jul.. 2022
This trip was amazing!!! Dan was such a great tour director and everyone in my group I met was amazing. Would 10/10 recommend
Tennis shoes go with everythingAbigail, traveled Jul.. 2022
This trip was a lot of fun, definitely a faster pace than expected. A bunch of girls kept track of the amount of steps we took and let’s just say we walked a lot. Make sure to bring clothes you can dress up or dress down! And laundry is always available (it’s humid there so be prepaid for some sweat)