Sail, swim, sleep, repeat. This is what life looks like aboard your private Greek island yacht. Add in mouthwatering food, nonstop nightlife, and a touch of ancient ruins, and you’ve got the perfect trip.
Channeling ancient goddesses atop the Acropolis
Diving off a boat into the clear-blue Aegean Sea
Dancing the night away on a private yacht
Biking, hiking, and striking that Greek island pose
Drooling over Greek cuisine on a daily basis
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
3 nights in handpicked accommodations
7 nights aboard a Greek island yacht
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
Insider Acropolis tour with local guide
- Day 1: Overnight flight
Board your overnight flight to Athens, the cradle of Western Civilization and one of the oldest cities in the world. NBD.
- Day 2: Arrive in Athens
Welcome to Athens! 2,500 years ago, it was kind of a happening place, and still is today—with fewer people in togas walking around.
- Meet an EF representative and fellow travelers as they arrive at the airport.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get acquainted with Athens on a brief walk around the city with your Tour Director.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with your group.
- Day 3: Tour Athens
Today, you’ll get to know the real Athens with a real local guide. Yeah, it’s gonna be a real good time.
- Step back in time in the historic Acropolis of Athens with your local guide.
- See the Propylaea, the Theatre of Dionysus, and a bunch of other structures you’ll need your guide’s help to pronounce.
- Take in incredible panoramic views of Athens from the citadel’s hilltop vantage point.
Free time suggestions
Ouzo: Sample this local anise-flavored aperitif at an authentic Greek restaurant, locally known as a taverna.
National Archaeology Museum: It’s considered one of the greatest museums in the world, with pieces ranging from Greek sculptures to Egyptian Antiquities.
- Day 4: Set sail
Kiss the mainland goodbye—you’re boarding your 7-day Greek island cruise. Opa! Your first stop will either be the Tselevinia Islands or Dhokos Island.
- Head to Lavrio Marina, where you’ll hop on your new home for the week.
- Explore the yacht as you make your way to your first island destination.
- Arrive at sunset and enjoy a night swim in the bay.
- Day 5: Free morning + sail to Spetses
Your first full day on the boat is sure to be a memorable one. The best part? How you spend it is up to you.
- Go for a swim, try some water sports, hike up a nearby mountain, or just chill out during the first morning on board.
- Enjoy an included lunch on the ship.
- Set sail for the picturesque island of Spetses.
- Discover Spetses on your own and grab a bite to eat at a local taverna.
- Day 6: Bike Spetses + sail to Hydra
After a scenic morning in Spetses, it’s on to Hydra, where the streets are cobbled, the donkeys are friendly, and the beaches are calling your name.
- Bike and swim your way around Spetses.
- Eat lunch on board as you sail toward Hydra.
- Head out to Hydra out on your own to explore and get the lay of the land
- Day 7: Sail to Poros
Before the boat leaves for beautiful Poros, you’ll have a few hours to continue enjoying Hydra. Remember, it’s your vacation, so do what your heart desires.
- Seize the morning in Hydra or sleep in and relax on the boat.
- Eat lunch on the boat as you sail toward Poros.
- Arrive in Poros and immediately jump into the beyond blue water.
- Hit the town for dinner, drinks, or both.
- Day 8: Sail to Ancient Epidauros
You didn’t really think you’d go to Greece and not visit an ancient Greek theater built over 2,000 years ago, did you?
- Float to Epidauros as you enjoy your breakfast on board.
- Tour the ancient theater with such good acoustics, people can probably hear your thoughts.
- Kick back on the boat for an evening of swimming and good times.
- Day 9: Sail to Moni Island & Aegina
If you’ve ever felt like escaping the crowds and getting away from it all, Moni Island is for you. No humans inhabit this serene island—just peacocks and deer, mostly.
- Cruise to Moni Island for another exquisite day in the sun.
- Swim, snorkel, and make your way to the local beach bar.
- Dock in Aegina harbor, where the night is yours to hit the town.
- Day 10: Sail to Cape Sounio & Lavrio
At this point, you’ve become a real cruising pro. Just keep doing your thing as you sail to yet another beautiful destination during your final day onboard.
- Wake up with a stroll around Aegina town.
- Continue on to Cape Sounio for swimming in the bay.
- Hike up to the Temple of Poseidon at sunset.
- Sail back to where it all began at Lavrio marina.
- Day 11: Explore Athens + Farewell Dinner
Say goodbye to the yacht, replace those sea legs with land legs, and use those land legs to explore Athens one more time.
- Disembark your floating home in the morning.
- Enjoy the afternoon in Athens to do as you please.
- Share some laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included Farewell Dinner.
Free time suggestions
Mount Lycabettus: Feel on top of the world at the highest point in Athens and take in stunning views of the city below.
- Day 12: Fly home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s, “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.